Import — Customs Clearance
Byrnes helps you bring foreign markets home. Importing can be complex and fragmented. Using
our technical services, knowledge and automation, we can help protect your transactions and business
activities against fines, penalties and hidden costs.
Once you decide to enter the world of international commerce, we suggest a comprehensive
consultation with our knowledgeable staff, who are always current with the
Compliance program of U. S Customs and Border Protection (CBP). Through this you will develop a
set of best practices to assure satisfactory operations with solid internal controls.
Our Customs Team provides assistance with the Classification, Valuation, Binding Ruling
application and assessment of duty in accordance with the Harmonized Tariff, Explanatory Notes, and
eligibility determination under a wide variety of conditional duty programs.
We offer our expertise in these areas:
- Customs Clearance to assure compliance and to meet your needs
- U.S. Customs Bonds – single or continuous (annual) or special as required
- Payment of duties per entry by ACH or by Periodic Monthly Payment of duties
- ACE – Automated Commercial Environment Modernization Information Systems
- ISF Filer for the Importer Security Filing Rule (10+2) with "unified filing" capabilities
- Assistance with the Basic Import Process
- Classification in accordance with the Harmonized Tariff System (HTS) and Explanatory Notes
- Country of Origin and Marking –two major sets of rules of origin schemes to determine a product's country of origin for entry purposes: substantial transformation and tariff-shift for NAFTA Marking Rules and other Free Trade Agreements
- Binding Ruling application for complicated situations
- Basic Valuation determination
- Warehouse, Foreign Trade Zone, Trade Fair or Exhibition Entries
- CBP Mandatory Record Keeping
- Import Compliance Risk Assessment and Management
- In-house training – INCOTERMS2010; various Customs Clearance subjects or procedures
- Tips for New Importers – Assistance with entry requirements
- Eligibility determination under conditional duty programs
- ADDCVD – Anti-Dumping and Countervailing Duties Dumping occurs when foreign manufacturers sell goods in the United States less than fair value, causing injury to the U.S. industry. AD cases are company specific; their duties are calculated to bridge the gap back to a fair market value. CVD cases are established when a foreign government provides assistance and subsidies, such as tax breaks to manufacturers that export goods to the U.S., enabling the manufacturers to sell the goods cheaper than domestic manufacturers. CVD cases are country specific, and the duties are calculated to duplicate the value of the subsidy. When either of these occurs, petitions are filed by U.S. manufacturers or businesses with the International Trade Commission (ITC). If the ITC finds evidence of injury to the U.S. industry, the Department of Commerce (DOC) does an investigation. If the results are positive, CBP withholds liquidation of entries and collects AD/CVD duties. The entries are not liquidated until the DOC instructs CBP headquarters to do so.
- AGOA – African Growth and Opportunity Act
- ATPDEA - Andean Trade Promotion and Drug Eradication Act / Andean Trade Preference Act (ATPA)
- CBI - Caribbean Basin Trade Partnership Act (CBTPA), Caribbean Basin Economic Recovery Act (CBERA)
- Free Trade Agreements –
- Quota: Are My Goods Subject to Quota?
- U.S. Goods Returned (9801) and Goods Returned for Repair (9802)
- Full Insurance service, including non-standard conditions, contingency
- Drawback Services help to recover Customs duties collected upon importation of an article or materials which are subsequently exported. Byrnes has the capabilities, strategies, and resources needed for the complex processes involved with both Manufacturing and Unused Merchandise Drawback. We are thoroughly knowledgeable in summary procedures for both Substitution and Direct Identification Drawback. We can plan, initiate, and maintain a complete drawback program for you.